All Saints Parish Newport
Job Description Parish Business Manager
Full Time Position
The person appointed will have strategic responsibility for the supervision and management of all financial activities, administrative functions, human resources, parish facilities and all related processes and systems for the parish. The role is intended to support the work of the priests’ and other parish ministries. By ensuring that all practical matters are handled correctly, the manager will help create the environment for excellent functions of all dimensions of parish ministry.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Is in charge of the parish office and provides direct supervision to volunteers.
- Promotes and maintains a welcoming environment for all who visit the parish office.
- Maintains a good working relationship and effective communications with all who have a vested interest in the parish community.
- Consults and advises the parish priest and volunteers on business and administrative matters.
- Manages information, communication and technology systems: this includes the parish database and the weekly bulletin.
- Oversees the parish website.
- Prepares Diocesan Reports.
- Orders products needed for liturgy and parish administration.
- Coordinates information for baptism, weddings and funerals.
- Participates in parish staff meetings and diocesan training.
- The church is responsible for the financial resources which have been entrusted to it. The responsibilities include: exercising prudence, safeguarding church assets, accountability to those who provide monitoring support and preparing weekly, monthly and year end financial reports. It is fundamental that the business manager is sure that the best financial practices are being followed. Tasks include:
- Budgeting and liaising with parish financial council.
- Contracts / Agreements.
- Taxes and Compliance.
- Gift Aid / Stewardship functions.
- Liaison between parish and diocese on financial matters.
- Oversight of bank accounts and credit cards.
- Code and prepare invoices for payment.
Personnel / Human Resources
- Be a person who is driven by the catholic faith and is willing to fulfil the mission of the parish.
- Ability to work as a team with ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Understands and implements health and safety at work legislation.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality of church records and conversations.
- Has great verbal and written communication skills. A diplomat.
- Will participate in an annual performance management review.
Preferred education and Experience
- Proven record of leadership and experience of building teams.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong organisational and record keeping skills
- Appropriate technology knowledge and skills.
- Experience in stewardship principles and fundraising preferred.
- Proficient with MS office, including word. Excel, Power point, Outlook and parish data base systems.
Applications by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org