About the organisation and project.
Archdiocese of Cardiff is a Registered Charity in England and Wales. It serves a congregation of 14,000 people and 19,500 pupils in 54 Primary and Secondary Schools in areas with some of the worst health inequalities in the UK.
The charity is launching a new ‘Staying Together While Apart’ project in response to a sudden increase in requests for help from elderly and vulnerable people who are self-isolating as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of the project is to sustain, coordinate, and expand the existing relief work being undertaken by the Catholic Church.
The project is being funded by the Welsh Government’s Voluntary Services Emergency Fund. The grant is administered by the Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA).
The role will involve:
This role is suitable for a person interested in publicity, advertising, and social media. The aim of the role is to create. The tasks will include:
- Creating new content for diocesan and parish newsletters with the aim to provide regular updates and news to the parishioners and wider public.
- Creating new publicity content for diocesan website and social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr) to promote the ‘Staying Together While Apart’ project.
- Organised, reliable, and able to deliver a task to a set deadline.
- Experience of creating website and social media content for an organisation.
- Experience of writing news and blog contributions for printed and digital media.
- Excellent command of English.
- Willingness to learn and improve your skills.
What you will gain:
- The opportunity to develop and learn new skills.
- The opportunity to improve your CV and enhance your employability.
- A reference from the Archdiocese of Cardiff (on delivery of the task).
Location: Working from home. Start: 20/07/2020
Hours: You are expected to commit 2 hours per week to the project for a minimum of 3 months.
Travel expenses: n/a as working from home.