Lauren Carvalho, a trained counsellor, comes to share with us her experience of supporting people who have been bereaved by suicide and speaks of her own family experience when her son took his own life at 19 years of age.
A brief outline of the day includes:
* Sharing her story
* How this affected her family
* The different faces of grief (i.e. complicated grief after suicide)
* What helped and what didn’t help
* Suicide Prevention and how it is everyone’s responsibility
* How to intervene when someone is feeling suicidal and set up a safety contract with them
* How to support families after the loss of someone to suicide
* How Parish Bereavement groups can offer support
There will also be representatives from local organisations who can share the type of work they do and the support they provide, e.g. PAPYRUS, SOBS (survivors of Bereavement by Suicide), Cruse.
A donation of £20 is requested for this training event, but this will also include lunch. Please contact Joanne White to reserve a place by calling 02920 365946 or email by clicking here.