Community Consultation – ‘what is it’?
Suitable for: All Places of Worship, Clergy, Committee Members, Parishioners, Church Community, Volunteers.
Notes: For further enquiries please contact Gareth Simpson, Project & Volunteer Manager, 02920 379483
What role does your place of worship play in the lives of your members and wider community?
How do you know if you are meeting their needs and what their needs even are?
- What does ‘community’ mean and why should you talk to them?
- How do you begin the process of engagement?
- Introduction to some different methods of consultation, how has Covid affected this?
- Why would you do this in the first place? What’s in it for you?
- What other things might you want to consider?
- Consultation and engagement top tips
- Answering questions submitted during the session
Key learning objectives
- An understanding of factors which are likely to increase engagement
- An understanding of who and what the different types of communities are
- To feel confident in being able to undertake some consultation within own Church / community
- An understanding of the basic principles of asset-based community development
- To understand the basic building blocks of project development and how this links to funding
Delivered by: Keely Tattersfield, Consultant
Registration: Please email Gareth Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 379483 We will need your name, email address, contact telephone and organisation/denomination/place of worship for context. We will forward a meeting link nearer the event.
Please let us know if you cannot attend so we can offer your place to another.